Experiencing Laiban



"How far can you go?"


Was the first thing I thought of while I was traversing the mountains. I was in total struggle when I had my first climb. There were so many challenges I had to face because of being unprepared.

It was not an easy road that we took from Antipolo to Rizal.

When we were riding the jeepney we hired to get us to Rizal, I was encouraged by my friend to sit on the topload of the jeepney. I was afraid because I thought it was dangerous so I immediately declined the offer. However, my friend insisted and convinced me that it was a good spot to view the sunrise since it was already 3AM that time. And so I did sit on the topload along with the others. I was so nervous that I could not relax while sitting especially when Kuya driver was trying to speed up.  My friend was trying to calm me down but he was laughing at me while he did. That made me somehow feel relaxed. Cos I myself could not help but laugh at that time. After a few minutes of sitting atop the jeepney, there was a light rain and even if we got disappointed, we transferred inside in order not to get wet. And I felt relieved, to be honest, that we transferred. Haha! We were sitting there for almost 3 hours (if I'm not mistaken); we tried getting some rest while on the road cos we literally need it to ascend. I could not sleep that time. Well, I am the type of person who really cannot sleep while on the road. So while the others were sleeping, I enjoyed the travel despite the darkness.

Occassionally, I tried sightseeing but because it was too early, I did not see anything. Haha! When we got near the drop-off point, we got stuck in one of the rivers we crossed. Because the water run fast due to the weather that time as well, the jeepney could not anymore take the pressure of the running water. It took almost 20 mins before we moved again to the drop-off point.

So from there, the supposed to be 3/9 difficulty suddenly became 9/9 due to the weather. My friend said that it would have been an easy dayhike if the weather cooperated. Haha! I actually had one helluva hiking experience cos I got to do the things I was not able to do in the past; rappelling, river trekking, mountain climbing all those things. It was difficult, really, for a first timer but I must admit that I really did enjoy it despite the muscle and back pain I got the next day. Haha!

While I was writing this, I cannot help but smile and reminisce that time. I look like a crazy girl sitting while typing everything I experienced there. Haha!

My friend said that the first mountain you climbed is called your Mother Mountain. So there. My mother mountain who made a 3/9 difficulty become an instant 9/9 in my case gave me an unforgettable experience--Tangwa Peak (Mt. Ngusong Kabayo and Mt. Lubo) and the 4 Laiban Falls. I love you! ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pagkain ng Hinog na Mangga

Kung Tuluyan...

For You